If you work online, such as a blogger, why buy an office? When you can blog anywhere, why even consider paying for an office, when the whole world is your office.
A few examples:
Sitting in the library, using the free wifi and blogging. Sitting in a coffee house, drinking coffee and blogging. Going to the park with your pc sharing the wireless internet from your phone.
Or you could buy an office somewhere and if it’s down in your basement, get a lack of freshair, fresh surroundings, and use up space that could be dedicated for something else.
Reasons to Get Out and Blog Outside Your Home
1. Focus and concentration: At home there are too many distractions. I could take a shower, cook food, watch tv, all these little distractions that keep me from getting the job done. When I’m out blogging, I keep my focus and do what I need to.
2. Social Interaction: It is easy to feel cut off from the world when you spend the day at home blogging. Going out lets you at least see that there is a world outside your home. You might even make friends this way.
3. Inexpensive: Even if you go out and have a coffee, tea, water, everyday for 30 days, spending $2 per day, it is not much more expensive than your monthly phone bill.
Disadvantages of Blogging Anywhere
1. Cost: Not everyone is willing to spend $2 for coffee when there blog only makes $1 per day in income.
2. Transportation?: Not everyone lives in an area easily accessible to outside cafes. Those living in small countryside areas? While I am fortunate to use a bike and buses to get around, some might find it difficult getting around.
Still in any case, enjoy the world, use the world as your office, and don’t be afraid to say hello to strange and interesting people.